For groups able to visit the museum, please select from our themed tours:
- Collection Highlights: See key works in each gallery
- African Art: Learn about the rich artistic traditional and cultures of Western Africa.
- Collectors & Collecting: Curious about how and why Stanley’s collection came to be? Find out in this tour.
- Color Tour – Red: Color tours focus on the significance of particular hues across time and cultures. The featured color changes periodically.
- Social Justice: Artists, activists, and equity
- The Iowa Tour: This tour focuses on how the experience of living in the State of Iowa intersects with teaching, research, and artmaking at the University of Iowa and in the Stanley's collection.
Tours last approximately one hour and occur during regular museum hours. Docents or museum staff lead all scheduled tours. If you would prefer a self-guided tour, you can find guides online and in our lobby.
Please note that tour groups are limited to 15 people or fewer per group. Larger groups will be divided into smaller groups for the tour. We recommend requesting a tour at least one month in advance. All tours begin on the hour.
Please contact Joshua Siefken, associate curator of education, with any questions.