The University of Iowa Department of Public Safety’s (DPS) Student Security Division acts as a bridge between students and police, empowering students to play an active role in campus safety. Members of the Student Security Division support community policing culture on campus by serving as ambassadors for the department.
The Security Division employs student security officers who work in roles that are critical to the function of the institution. The Student Security Officer position at DPS is vital in helping keep campus safe. The primary focus of this role is to enhance public safety through a variety of fixed post and patrol assignments.
As a Student Security Officer, you would be responsible for:
· Greeting visitors and protecting artwork at the Stanley Museum of Art
· Helping dispatch and drive the NITE RIDE service
· Controlling access to assigned buildings
· Reporting any potentially suspicious situations to dispatch
· Assisting patrons in need of emergency services